Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Italy! Italy!

An email from G says that he has sent me many many postcards from different regions of Italy as he travels through his home country so that he could share the beauty of Italy with me and show me where he wants to take me one day. How sweet and thoughtful of my G! I posted one of the postcards on my outside front door so that all of my neighbors could enjoy it - soon I will have a fine collection of Italian postcards, a mini museum, for everyone to see!

Giuliano's Italian roots and culture are the first to really move me and speak to me out of the men I've dated who introduced me to their cultural background. Being of 4th generation Japanese descent, my culture is not one but of many - Japanese, Hawaiian, Latin, South American, Italian, French, Californian - multi-culturalism is all I know. But the Italian culture stands out to me as it is so rich in history from Mussolini to the mafia; style that is classy and bold apparent in their clothing and architecture; artistry in pottery, paintings and song; food that is so pleasing to my palate that I could eat it everyday, especially G's cooking!; people, including my love, who are so sensual, passionate, disarmingly expressive, family-oriented, and open-armed.

With every book I read about Italy and Italian culture, with each episode of cookshow "Everyday Italian" that I catch, with every beautiful postcard Giuliano sends me, I understand another piece of him and love him more for who and what he is. Ciao, my sweet.