Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Saturday, July 30, 2005

History of a Player

I've been going to my pedicurist Jenny for some years now, and she has primped and painted my toes to perfection everytime according to colors of each season, changes in life, and particularly all of the changes of men in the life of Maile. When I sit down in her salon chair, the first questions she has for me are "How are you?" and "Who is it now?" all in one breath no pause. Ha! Hee hee.

Besides her main job in South San Francisco near where she lives, she has a side pedicurist job in Union Square to which she rides the BART everyday to. Even though she's married and is clearly marked with her ring on her ring finger, she sits on the BART going to and from San Francisco pretending to be Maile to see if she can strike up a conversation with some guy, exchange numbers and have a date for that Friday night - that's how she envisions my single happening life. Even though I see her an average of every two months for a new pedicure, she is amazed at how my life switches and changes up every time I see her. She is so disappointed everytime she gets off the BART and hadn't met anyone "like Maile would do" and thinks, "Maile must be good" (didn't ask her what she meant by that, just let that one be). Jenny even told her husband about her little experiment to "be like Maile", and he just laughs and then wonders what she might be missing from her life (in reality she wouldn't do anything to jeopardize her marriage). I playfully tell her, "Lose the ring!"

I told her about my GG and asked her if she could believe that? - I go on vacation to Costa Rica and meet the possible love of my life, a sweet Italian man living in Costa Rica next door to the hotel where I was, totally random, totally unexpected. She said she wouldn't believe it of anyone else but me. Hee hee, friends have told me that too. She thinks I'm a gentlemans' woman (ladies' man in reverse, you get it? - c'mon!). She wants me to stick it out with GG (notice I like GG better now rather than just G for Giuliano) and get married because I've "had enough fun" (she's just jealous - ha!). I'll leave that up to fate, the gods, who or whatever is out there that holds the power over these things. My love, GG, I will hold on.