Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

3rd Postcard from My G

I received a 3rd postcard today (so nice to receive these beautiful pieces of mail instead of just bills) from my Giuliano depicting an orange beautiful sunset over the Paradise Gulf of Camogli - ahhh! He says it is truly tranquil and romantica, and yes, it does look that way. Just imagining looking out from a terrace at this beautiful sunset over the calm gulf waters takes me away for a second. I could just see myself leaning against the veranda with G standing behind me with his arms wrapped around me resting his chin on my shoulder enjoying this view of calming deep orange together. In a long distance relationship, imagination can hold you through.

After spending the afternoon with my good friend Jack, getting my mail with Giuliano's postcard waiting on top, coming home to a fire-drill practice after-party in my building - ha! - complete with snacks and organic red wine, made a new friend with one of my neighbors, listened to a small band playing Brasilian bossa nova that was authentic and lovely even though they came from the East Bay - this day was perfecto!