Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Can't Get Enough of "Everyday Italian"

7 days a week sometime during the day, I can catch an episode of my favorite cooking show "Everyday Italian" with Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network. I always have to be eating something while I watch her show because my mouth just waters watching her make her simple, do-able but tasty dishes, and the finished product always looks so scrumptuous, I want to poke my fork through the TV screen to have a taste too. And I can just imagine what it must smell like in her kitchen!

She teaches me not only cooking styles of the different regions of Italy, but she also gives me a little history behind the dishes, ingredients and the way they are melded together in these wonderful recipes passed down through generations and sometimes presented with an added American-Italian twist. There was even a special hour-long episode where she took you along on her own Italian vacation to Venice, Parma and Rome, Italy - makes me want to hop on a plane and see my GG right now! Buongiorno!