Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Jack and the Great TV Escape

I ran into a rough spot missing GG, but shared pangs of hardship with Jack and a plethora of TV entertainment (and a couple glasses of wine) got me through it. Watching a model/want-to-be-caterer on Recipe for Success grow into her dreams of being a healthy food caterer, seemingly fall to failure and then shoot out as a success story answering her every dream awoke the drive in me. Feeling through the TV screen what an Austin Real-Worlder endured at hearing that his mother died of a heart attack that day on Valentine's Day brought out choking tears that made me forget any torn feelings I had in an instant as this is the day we all fear. Laughing through remaining tears at the silliness of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's "fab five" uplifted me back up again. Thank you, thank you, I'm going to be fine.