Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Minimizing for the Future




Over the next 6 months, I am saving up my money for the move of my life. Knowing that I need to minimize my belongings as well, I am not stopping by Pier 1 Imports, CostPlus or Crate & Barrel for home decor items, I am not buying books from Borders or Barnes, and I am waiting for the end-of-summer clothing sales because those are the only clothes I'll be needing. So what am I spending my money on? Food and riding the Bart to and from work (only $1.40 each way), and now I just window shop at Crate & Barrel. As long as I don't pig out and ride the Bart all around or back and forth to Fremont, I should be in fine shape.