Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, April 03, 2006

Team Blessings



Making a move from my old company to my present one was one of the greatest decisions I made. I am into my 3rd week at my new job in South San Francisco back in an office environment, working with a great set of people who are not only nice but are big on team-building, on helping each other out without all that corporate bullshit - finally!!

I had reservations about leaving my independent job working from home to be back in an office at a "desk job" working 9 to 5:30 and taking the Bart and shuttle. Admittedly, I went through growing pains that first week and a half and had serious doubts as I adjusted to my new work surroundings. But somewhere deep down, I knew this was a good move when I went to the job interview and met some of these people. And I knew that working with people again on a team working towards common goals together would be good for me instead of the at-home position that I so much appreciated but in which I was starting to feel starkly isolated.

This is good for me. Taking yet another risk to get where I want to be comes full circle and accomplishes so much on all levels, personally, professionally and for my overall well-being.