Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Friday, August 26, 2005

The Great Comforter

He called at the right time, opened that door right back up bravely despite what I said, despite my turret's message that shot daggers meant for him but spawned by so much more than just the target, which was unfortunately him. He doesn't hold onto grudges, thank goodness and deciphered my phone number even though he initially scratched it off and wrote me off. Persistence brought him here. Presence, words of comfort and sincerity, he listened to my irrationalities and helped me see my ridiculousness with a giggle, truth be told, words of reason and...touch to the hand, to the head, to the...he comforted me the best way he knew how, a sense of satisfaction, familiar, joy in it all, and a smile on my face that appeared for the first time this week without a mask of force and sheer will. Thank you for your wonderful efforts to fix me, you knew I needed you somehow.

Living my life like it's golden.