Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Visions of Sicily" on PBS

I happened to catch this show tonight. A helicoptor with cameras perched on top glides through the beautiful, green, rustic land of Sicily, where my GG's roots originate. Within a couple feet of my 19 inch TV screen, I felt like I was hanggliding over the visionistic journey myself, feeling the wind on my face - such richness in the land, architecture, even in the ruins, such dramatic history, bridges that seemingly touch the sky, that blue blue Mediterranean - Fantastic! Gardens, farmland, vineyards, stone walls are so purposely planted and constructed to reflect the heart of the land and people. I see what makes GG in all of it - his humbleness, ingenuity and strength. It made me plunk down the $60 to support PBS and to selfishly receive the DVD so I can enjoy Sicily's beauty at anytime. Ciao, mi amore!