Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Zero 7



Me and Mike J. went to see Zero 7 in concert last night and it was the best thing, just what I needed to lift my spirits and inspire me again. The band, a jazzy, upbeat group with a lead singer Cia (sp?) so light with energy and laughter, dancing and skipping to the beat in a way that is so contagious. Then, she belts out toons and ballads that make you stop mid-dance step to listen, enjoy and drink it in.

There was also a funky keyboardist with a red cap who is the quintessential computer geek in the best sense, entertaining as he jigged to the beat in his own way his own style, so cute and lovably nerdy. He made me laugh light-heartedly as I enjoyed watching him simply be himself.

They gave us concert posters for free at the end of the show. I like it so much and it captures such a great memory that I think I will have it framed. :) Ahhhh...all smiles this morning.