Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Spare the Air Day

Bart rides were free all day today! Such a joy to save $6 on my regular roundtrip commute to work - yay! After work, I decided to take the Bart to Target and the mall, which I have been putting off since it's $2.45 just to go south one stop to my destination from work. But since today was free, I went for it. Everyone and their mother was on the Bart today, whole families were running errands together, going to the store shopping and loading up as Bart prices can add up depending on how far you are going and how often. It was great! They are allowing two more "Spare the Air" free transportation days this summer - I look forward to it as it is a joy to watch people enjoy their freedom to ride!