Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Shine On, Shine On



Everyday a little old man I see every morning when I walk to work busily shines and buffs a set of these brass fixtures that jut out of our San Francisco buildings. The side of it says "sprinklers" or something to that effect, I don't know what they are exactly and how they are connected to the insides of the building. But I always notice them around town, I can't help it because they are so shiny. They do not just stay that way because of some magical coating; there is someone shining it everyday making it gleam and sparkle, making this tiny piece of San Francisco shine. I smile everytime I see one so carefully cleaned because someone took the time to care in making this one part of the City beautiful, it is their contribution, it is their piece of pride in the here and now. Keep shining.