Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Madonna Absolutely Rocks!!




Winnie and I went to the Madonna Confessions Tour concert last night in San Jose, and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to! We grew up with her through the years and have loved her songs throughout, and now she is one of the ultimate entertainers of our time bringing it all together in front of millions during her latest tour. Our seats were off to the right of the stage, close enough to the stage that we did not need binoculars, plus the screen was close by so that we could see all angles of the stage.

Madonna has such presence and she looks SO good - if she is not a living advocate of the benefits of yoga, then I don't know what is! She looks amazing! - better than she ever has and because of the care she takes in her body, she moves so fluidly on stage - absolutely awesome!! I hope I look half as good as she does when I reach my 40s. The choreography and her back-up dancers were so athletic with no-fear energy and strength that it looked so fun to be a part of the production, the energy was just so contagious, we all couldn't help but dance and jig with them to the beat.

With a blockbuster show like hers and with so many songs to choose from the span of her singing career, picking the song line-up proves difficult to fit into a 2-hour show, but they picked an awesome mix of songs from her early days through her newest Confessions on the Dancefloor album - I was so happy with her song selections, not one song that I wanted to hear and see was left out! The concert was an absolutely memorable, inspiring show that picked up my spirits beyond expectation - lovely, absolutely lovely. Madonna, you ROCK!!