Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Beginnings of the Holiday Season



The Holiday season always seems more official once the San Francisco Union Square Christmas tree goes up. I stopped by the Square yesterday, and the workers were busy trimming the excess branches off the huge I-don't-know-how-many-feet-high tree, the initial steps to making this tree the center joy for one and all. Everyone was already looking at it in awe just from its sheer height alone. It is going to be beautiful, and I will be watching its progress over the next few days. The lovely thing is, I can see the very tip of it from my home window along with some of the Macy's Christmas lights and decorations. I love it!