Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Sunday, October 02, 2005

And the Sun Rises


Two days ago I returned from an awesome, indescribable trip to Rio de Janeiro, Iguacu Falls and Buenos Aires, unbelievable, wondrous, surreal, moving, awakening. I heard music, samba, guitar in my head as we whisked around Rio in cars, taxis, shuttles and on foot through the green, beaches, mountain air, water falls, spirit and love of a people who truly know how to LIVE. Iguacu Falls took my breath away, speechless, no words to describe the power of water and all its majesty, downpouring, down, power, it could power the world. Buenos Aires was a peculiar combination of New York, San Francisco and Paris all rolled into one, fast-paced, black suits everywhere, formality, slicked back hair, beautiful people who looked like they stepped out of a fashion magazine, exhaust fumes of traffic right in your face, keep walking, don't look around, there is no time, spent every last peso I had.

I am so delirious and out of my time zone, still on Brazilian/Argentinian time 4 hours ahead of PST. Wooo! ;)