Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's Good to be Back

Ahhh...what a wonderful trip it was to Rio, Iguacu Falls and Buenos Aires for 10 days with different local guides for each stop. It is surreal to be back as I look at my view at my place - it all feels weird like it's not home just yet. Our home were three hotels in our three stops for the last 10 days, the airplane was our bed for 10-1/2 hours from Buenos Aires to Washington D.C., then 5-1/2 hours from DC to LAX where Ana and I split as she's from San Diego, then a little over an hour back to San Francisco for me. As I download 700+ pictures onto my computer, all the memories come streaming back - all the sights, sounds, tastes, smells, feelings, exhilaration, eyes wide open. I'll do my laundry and unpack all my souvenirs - crosses from the Rio Christo, towels with the Brazil flag strewn across it, costume jewelery, hand bags, Brasilian coffee, mate tea bags, Brasilian yellow and green tee shirt, tank top and sweatshirt, leather pants, reversible jacket, wallet, shawls, scarves, magnets, bracelets...so much and memories all instilled in each.

I swear the cluster of housing in Daly City off the 101 coming from SFO to my home looked like the Rio favela and I felt like I was "home" again. I looked out the window with a smile.

I'm up already and I'm wide awake. It's 9 AM right now where we were. Ahhh...Brazil & Argentina! Muito Mas Love!!