Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, May 15, 2006

Italian Streetcars Collide


Giuliano on 06-Jan-06

The train I rode on 13-May-06

During Giuliano's visit to San Francisco earlier this year in January, he recognized an orange historical streetcar from his hometown Milan, Italy. He lit up like a Christmas tree all happy to see something familiar in San Francisco thousands of miles away from his home. I took plenty of pictures of him with it, next to it to capture the moment, but we didn't get to ride it as it was parked for the evening. This past weekend, I walked along the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf on a beautiful May afternoon and then waited for a similar orange streetcar to take home back to downtown. I took pictures of my ride coming down the street, while I was in it and as it squeaked away. Later, as I looked through my pictures, I realized a huge coincidence that I rode the same streetcar # 1815 that Giuliano saw earlier this year!! - how strange and happy - can't wait to tell Giuliano!!