Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Day in the Life of Maile

1. Rolled out of bed
2. Stumbled down to Union Square to stand in line at the theatre 1/2-price ticket booth
3. Got two awesome tickets to a play tonight called "Hush Up, Sweet Charlotte" for me and Connie. My old neighbor from Oakland Sandy is in this play.
4. Hopped in my car down the 101 in search of a Japanese Obon Festival 45 minutes south in Mountain View
5. Got lost
6. Stopped a man who was wearing a faded Costa Rica "Pura Vida" tee shirt for directions. I was wearing my blue Costa Rica tank top - ey! :)
7. Got lost
8. Was starving so I stopped at Taco Bell for a Mexican pizza, which I have been craving ever since my friend Craig and I had a discussion about fast food and Taco Bell.
9. Found the festival at 1PM, only it didn't start til 4PM
10. Called my friend Winnie who lives in the area to see if she was home
11. She wasn't home
12. Hopped in my car again heading back up north on the 101 towards San Francisco
13. Exited at University Avenue near Stanford University to kill time
14. Didn't see any shops worth stopping for, didn't see any parking either
15. Drove over to the 280 highway back up to San Francisco
16. Found a new route home
17. Exited to see if the ESPRIT outlet was still there
18. It wasn't
19. Passed by the beautiful San Francisco Giants PacBell Park baseball stadium
20. Also passed by a recent good memory - hee hee
21. Drove by the Embarcadero waterfront
22. Saw the Bay Bridge from underneath
23. Came home - ahhh!
24. Stopped by the drycleaners across the street from home
25. Sunbathed on my building rooftop for a bit
26. Got ready
27. Went to dinner with Connie at an Italian restaurant down the street that I've been wanting to try. Lobster ravioli - yum!
28. Went to the play with Connie, we totally enjoyed ourselves!
29. Greeted my old neighbor Sandy backstage
30. Talked with Connie about the latest happenings over wine
31. Shower
32. Bed - goodnight! Sigh! :)