Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, July 11, 2005

Still Feeling the Effects

Ooo, what a weekend in Vegas, and it didn't end until this Monday morning. On my return to my place, I turned on the rest of "Swingers" which was quite fitting as "Mike and Trent" were driving away from the City of Lights at the point where I picked it up again since last Friday. I arrived at Vegas without a hitch and Roman picked me up. We had Chinese and I caught Roman, my good friend from UC Santa Barbara former resident of the Bay Area now a Las Vegas local, up on all the latest sufficiently twirling his head around in the spin of the life of Maile - hee hee.

Roman got me and some of his family members free tickets to see the Vegas institution Wayne Newton - fairly cheesey, but admittedly the man has charm, not enough to make me throw my cotton Gap panties up on stage but close enough. Ha! The next day, we shopped to our hearts' content at summer-end sales and toured the new addition to the Las Vegas strip, the lovely Wynn Hotel. Beautiful vibrant colors all around with much to see and enjoy, and of course, we had to indulge ourselves at the Wynn Buffet - yum! - shrimp cocktail, salmon, sirloin, fresh smoothies and creme brulee. Saw the "Fantastic 4", went out, danced onstage and had one too many dirty martinis (4!) - oooo bad. Hence, the extra night spent at Roman's recovering and trying not to hurl, hence the late return this morning instead of yesterday evening. Oooo, but, that meant more quality time with Roman, a scrumptuous dinner at The Timbers (bbq chicken and awesome cheese bread) and a cruise in the evening Vegas heat. That's Vegas, baby!