Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, July 04, 2005

Patriotism Off the Roof

After having such a good time at the Fillmore Jazz Festival, watching "War of the Worlds", having dinner with my cousin and his family at Fisherman's Wharf and going to Alcatraz with them today, it was truly nice to spend the 4th of July evening at home with the heater and TV on, beer in hand. I thought I could see some fireworks outside my window, but all I heard was the boom boom boom somewhere near but out of eyesight. So I threw a blanket over my nightgown and headed up to the roof to find a half dozen of my neighbors enjoying the fireworks from the Wharf. It was nice to share a few minutes of camaraderie and patriotism with my fellow neighbors whom I see for seconds here and there on the elevator or in the laundry room. We enjoyed the sprinkling sparkling array of lights and ooo awww ooo'ed all bundled up together. A great cap to a wonderful long weekend! God Bless America!