Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Saturday, January 28, 2006

He Would be So Proud



It is a lazy rainy Saturday, so I decided to try to make risotto with broccoli this afternoon just as I had seen Giuliano make it a few times while he was here with me. Now risotto takes some patience as it takes something like half an hour to cook and you need to constantly stir it making sure to add a little water every so often as the liquids evaporate during the cooking process. Woo, it stressed me out a little, enough to warrant a beer! Ha! Anyway, the flavoring of it probably is not as good as Giuliano's, but I like it. I wrote to him all about it, and I am sure he will be smiling and proud of my efforts as he knows I struggle as a cook being the pseudo-Trader Joe's cook that I am. Hee hee.

P.S. 1/30/06 - He is so very proud of me! So much that now he wants me to cook for him when I go to Costa Rica next month - oh no, what have I done? ;) Hee hee.