Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, December 12, 2005

Something about a Train


Written on Thursday, 12/8/05 9:30 PM EST on Amtrak from Philadelphia to New York City Penn Station; picture above is on the New York City subway C train from NYC to Brooklyn, Brooklyn Bridge in the background

There's somethng about being on a train that is comforting. As life whizzes by, I see Christmas decorated houses, electric plants, streetlights, it rumbles, vibrates, slightly sways, rumbles and bumbles about. Maybe it's because I used to readily fall asleep in cars when I was little...I still do (when I'm not driving of course!), business buildings, parking garages, snow snow snow, lone cars braving the cold, police throwing on their flashers on an unsuspecting driver, Metropark NJ stop. It is the constant movement and knowing that I am going somewhere - New York City!