Nothing but blue sky... A blend of thoughts, poetry, lyrics, travel anecdotes, anything that comes to mind mid-air, mid-stream, mid-thought about to take off ~ ...thoughts in flight

Monday, January 03, 2005

Breakfast at Temescal Cafe

"Blueberry waffles, a side of chicken sausage and a single mocha with whipped cream for here please, thank you with a smile and a couple clink clinks of a few coins in the tip jar. The cashier gives me a number and I sit down with a free local paper. In a few minutes, the cook brings my breakfast with a friendly 'good morning'. The food is pleasantly presented with melted butter and syrup on the side and a bit of fruit included on the plate. It is a sunny Saturday morning at the Temescal Cafe and locals are gathering for a meeting of the minds, some looking like they just rolled out of bed, others dressed to chat and catch up with friends. Large storefront windows shed bright light into this quaint joint, local art decorates and livens up the walls, lots of seating is available and there is a piano in the back. A friendly place this is and very conductive to enjoying a weekend morning breakfast with friends or solo.
The breakfast menu also includes poached eggs, fruit, pastries, bagels and schmear. Lunch is served including an array of sandwiches (with weekday specials), pizzettas, soups and salads. And of course, coffee and espresso drinks are available (and beer, but that is for later). Even though I'm moving away from Temescal, I will surely continue to come by for an enjoyable breakfast here. But in the meantime, after having eaten all of my breakfast and drunk all of my cafe mocha, let me jitter my way out the door to start the day. I will miss you Temescal!"

I can hear the food section of the San Francisco Chronicle knocking!